Bonus butterfly hexagon card
Have a go at making this lovely bonus card made by Kath Stewart for Fiskars.
- white square card blank
- white & kraft cardstock
- brown inkpad
- Ranger Inkssentials Cut-N-Dry foam
- Vibrant Turquoise & Melted Chocolate Ranger Dylusions Ink Sprays
- Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Simple sayings stamp set
- jewel brad
- 3D foam pads
- Personal Surecut Paper Trimmer
- Fuse Creativity System
- Thick Material Medium Design Set Hexagon
- Intricate Shape Punch Sunflower
- Intricate Shape Punch Butterfly
- Spray white cardstock with turquoise Dylusions ink, trim slightly smaller than the card front and affix. Spray a slightly smaller square using Melted Chocolate ink, ink the edges using a brown inkpad and affix at an angle.
- Place the script letter plate into the hexagon die and ink with brown ink. Run through the Fiskars Fuse machine together with sprayed turquoise cardstock. Matt the hexagon onto white cardstock and fix to the card front.
- Punch two sunflowers from kraft cardstock and three butterflies. One from turquoise sprayed cardstock and two from white cardstock. Draw three leaf shapes onto the back of turquoise sprayed paper and cut out. Fix a square of mesh together with the flowers and leaves as shown.
- Ink the edges of the butterflies using brown ink. Glue the turquoise butterfly in place and attach the white butterflies with their bodies only to add dimension.
- Stamp sentiment onto white cardstock using brown ink, cut out and fix to the card front using 3D foam pads.