Simply Cards & Papercraft has teamed up with Hunkydory!
Simply Cards & Papercraft 169 goes on sale next week, but we just couldn’t wait to show you the stunning free gift from Hunkydory… you won’t want to miss it!
This issue we’ve gone above and beyond to bring you a jam-packed issue of the No1 cardmaking magazine. From the latest products from the top brands and technique-filled features, including a plethora of Christmas, birthday and all-occasion inspiration to get you crafting.
This issue’s Hunkydory Bauble die and stamp set is one of our favourite gifts yet – and we fell in love with it as soon as we saw it.
Our DT have once again gone to town with their makes and we bring you 13 inspiring free gift projects to get you started. From Sue Hughes’s Christmas-themed makes to Helen Griffin’s seasonal off-the-page gift ideas – you’re bound to be inspired.
Don’t forget to check out Christina Griffith’s video using your free gift here
Next up we showcased the Color Layering stamps and dies from Hero Arts – and we have to admit, we’re huge fans! Michelle Short created a super collection of masculine makes over on page 20 of the issue – we loved them so much, we kept a sneak peek to show you here!
You will need
white, black & teal cardstock
Hero Arts Enjoy The Journey stamp set & Frame Cuts
Hero Arts Zodiac Birthday stamp set
My Favorite Things Cloud stencil
Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch & Faded Jeans Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Tuxedo Black Memento inkpad
white Hero Arts embossing powder
Morning Dew Tonic Nuvo Crystal Drops
Tonic Nuvo Crystal Glaze
3D foam tape
manual die-cutting machine
Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangle dies
- Stamp the boat from the Enjoy The Journey stamp set using Memento Tuxedo black ink and colour as shown.
- Temporarily adhere the co-ordinating die over the image and run this through your die-cutting machine. Remove the die.
- Using one of the dies from the Small Stitched Rectangle set, die-cut a rectangle of white cardstock. Cut the top off of this panel using a paper trimmer.
- Using an ink-blending tool, apply Salty Ocean Distress Ink on to the piece. Take the Cloud Stencil and use this upside down to create waves. First apply the ink below the stencil using Blueprint Sketch Distress Ink.
- Move the stencil lower to create another wave, using the same ink. Move the stencil down again to create the bottom wave. Apply ink to this portion using Faded Jeans Distress Ink.
- Adhere the panel to a 4½x5½” teal card blank using 3D foam tape. Add the boat on top using 3D foam tape.
- Stamp the ‘HAPPY BIRTHDAY’ sentiment from the Zodiac Birthday set on to black cardstock using VersaMark ink. Apply white embossing powder and heat set. Using a paper trimmer, cut the piece in to a strip. Adhere this to a card blank using 3D foam tape.
- Take the Nuvo Crystal Drops and add dots around the sentiment strip. Apply Nuvo Crystal Glaze to the sails on the boat and leave to dry.
Lastly, we’ve got a bonus make from Becka B (https://www.beckab.co.uk/) – her striking golf-themed birthday card on page 98 inspired us so much, we couldn’t resist providing you with this bonus make too…
You will need
Vilda V698 stamps
Crafters Companion Textures Elements Waves embossing folder
Crafters Companion Just For Men Rock star stamp set
Creative Expressions Vintage Diamond, Ornamental & Mini Squares stencils
copper, sliver, gold, black & brown WOW! embossing powder
Gathered Twig, Spiced Marmalade, Salty Ocean, Tea Dye, Chipped Sapphire Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Rich Cocoa Memento inkpad
manual die-cutting machine
1 Distress a panel of blue cardstock with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink using the Ornamental mini stencil and emboss using the wave folder.
2 Press the edges of the dark blue cardstock into the VersaMark inkpad and heat-emboss with the copper embossing powder and layer onto the card front.
3 Repeat the embossed edge process with the light blue circle as in step one then stamp with the Tractor Wheel Vilda stamp around the edge using memento Rich Cocoa ink. Distress the edges using Salty Ocean Distress Ink.
4 Adhere to the card towards the left-hand side using dries-clear adhesive. Using the Vintage Diamond mini stencil with the Gathered Twig inkpad on the brown cardstock create an uneven pattern.
5 Ink up the Vilda motorbike stamp with the VersaMark inkpad, stamp to the left-hand side the card and then heat-emboss with the brown WOW! embossing powder.
6 Emboss the edge using the same technique as in Step 1. Matt and layer this onto the white cardstock, leaving narrow border. Adhere to the card using adhesive.
7 Press the MDF cogs into the VersaMark and using a mixture of gold, black, silver and copper embossing powders, triple emboss the cogs.
8 Wrap twine into a figure 8 around your fingers a few times and then staple together in the middle to secure. Stick them to the card at the right-hand side of the main image using a hot-glue gun.
9 Stencil the Mini Squares onto mustard cardstock using the Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink.
10 Stamp the sentiment as shown the Happy Birthday stamp set and VersaMark ink, stamp and heat-emboss with the copper embossing powder.
11 Matt and layer on to the white cardstock and adhere to the card using Pinflair gel to finish.
That’s all of the bonus content for this month, so don’t forget to pick up your copy of issue 170 when it hits the shelves on 29th November, then look out for issue with a 171 when it hits the shelves on 30th November. Visit www.moremags.com/scp169 to order your copy when it hits the shelves next week