Simply Lettering Blog Hop – Huge Prize Pot of hand lettering goodies!
We are very proud to be DAY 3 of the Simply Lettering Blog Hop!
Issue one of this gorgeous new magazine will be available to buy in shops in the UK on July 18th – next Thursday! It’s now too late to subscribe to get issue 1 but you can pick up a copy in your local supermarket or from CraftStash!
To celebrate the launch, Simply Lettering Magazine have teamed up with lots of lovely hand lettering and journaling bloggers and brands to take you on a week-long blog and social hop.
This week we all collectively want to inspire you to take a little time out of your busy schedules and try your hand at modern calligraphy. So each day this week you will find a little project or advice to help launch your hand-lettering journey. We are sharing Lou Collins amazing alphabet videos to inspire you to try different styles of lettering!
PLUS – As part of the blog hop Simply Lettering have collected together some fabulous prizes to create this HUGE GIVEAWAY! We have a selection of magazines to giveaway, and just look at all these goodies you could win!
- 3 Annual Subscriptions to Simply Lettering Magazine worth over £50 each
- Luxury Calligraphy Kit from Kirsten Burke worth £35 (picture shown above!)
- 2 sets of TomBow pens from CraftStash worth over £40
- 3 sets of Nuvo Aquaflow pens worth £11.99 each
- 1 Subscription to Simply Cards & Papercraft worth over £60
- A set of Karin Markers from Lou Collins worth over £20
- Colour Happy Box from Edding UK worth £20
- A selection of Papercraft Magazines from Die-cutting Essentials, Papercraft Essentials and Creative Stamping – worth over £20
- 2 Double Ended Calligraphy Pens from Staedtler worth over £12
- Lamy Safari and a 30ml bottle of Diamine ink from Leanne Cork worth over £20
- A set of four Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pens – For the Love of Letters from Sue Smith!
- A set of 5 pens from Chameleon pens worth over £20!
How to enter!
To enter to be in with a chance of winning one of these fabulous gifts, simply comment on THIS blog post, then head over to the Simply Lettering launch post and comment there too – find it here www.simplylettering.co.uk
Each day the wonderful bloggers and brands on the blog hop (details at the end of the post) are sharing inspiring projects and advice as we countdown to the launch of Simply Lettering Magazine on Thursday 18th July
Find all the blogs on the hop at the end of this post!
Where do I start with modern calligraphy?
Simply Lettering Magazine will be packed with inspiration and advice and we’re supporting it with lots of video tutorials to help you get a better feeling for the action of creating the lines and letters.
Here’s commissioning Editor Lou Collins showing you how the entire alphabet in a series of 26 videos! You’ll find it very relaxing just watching her form the letters.
Who’s next on the blog hop?
Thursday 11th July (Find yesterday’s post and add your comment!)www.simplylettering.co.uk
Friday 12th July (Find yesterday’s post and add your comment!)
Saturday 13th July (you are here!)
Sunday 14th July (tomorrow’s post!)
Monday 15th July
Tuesday 16th July
Wednesday 17th July
LAUNCH DAY! Thursday 18th July
Be sure to visit them all each day over the next week and add a comment on their blog or video, then come back and add a comment on ours too! You’ll find their posts on the following days, so you can enjoy a little bit of lettering inspo every day this week!
We will pick a winner at random from all of the comments received!