Die-cutting Essentials 58 bonus bauble project
Issue 58 of the UK’s favourite die-cutting magazine is out now – and it comes with the most gorgeous Exquisite Edges border dies.
We love the magazine, and hope you will too – especially recreating Sandra Rayner’s stunning cover cards.There’s a gorgeous Inspired by… christmas feature from MEl Jess where she showcases her off-the-page skills with a decoration that’s full of sparkle.
Hint of Silver Centura Pearl card
blue, navy & grey cardstock
Stamps By Chloe Sparklicious Princess stamps
hot glue gun
- Cover one half of a plastic bauble with glue and cover with glitter. Set aside to dry.
- Arrange and fit to size the SVG files to fit inside the plastic bauble.
- Add cardstock to the cutting matt and die-cut.
- Carefully remove your die-cuts from the matt.
- Stick the different colours of hair to the unicorn’s mane and tail.
- Glue the circle with holes to a white background. This allows the white to peek through.
- Begin glueing the tree layers to the background.
- Add glitter to the trees to give the look of snow. Once dry, add the unicorn layer.
- Sandwich a piece of thread between the unicorn layer and largest circle layer.
- Glue the thread to the glitter side of the plastic bauble and cut away the excess. This will hold the unicorn in place.
- Stick the sides of the bauble together adding shaker bits before gluing closed.
- Add a hanging loop with twine and a bow to finish.
Cut the Unicorns mane and tail hair from 3 from the 3 other colours of card to create a multi-coloured look
We hope you enjoy the project!