Hunkydory 11 – Bonus make – Birthdays are the best days
Birthdays are the best days
Designed by Jo Rice
kit Country Retreats card collection, die & stamp set
white 7”-square card blank
white stamping cardstock
Mowed Lawn & Wilted Violet Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink
Nocturne VersaFine inkpad
gold & white POSCA pens
3D foam pads
manual die-cutting machine
Step by step
- Cut a piece of patterned paper and white stamping cardstock to measure smaller than the card front. Stamp flowers and foliage onto the stamping cardstock using Distress Oxide Ink.
- Add Wilted Violet ink onto a craft mat, add water and flick splats onto the stamped panel.
- Stamp the sentiment onto white cardstock, then edge all panels with the gold POSCA pen.
- Using white stamping cardstock, die-cut the bird, then stamp the flowers, colour and fussy-cut.
- Separate the frame and topper then layer onto the patterned paper panels using 3D foam pads as shown. Wrap the whole panel with twine and add a bow.
- Add the sentiment in the top corner and embellish with a stamped and coloured butterfly.
- Adhere the stamped flowers and bird die-cut in the bottom corner. To finish off the design affix the sentiment, the bird and the flowers. Add white POSCA pen highlights to the image topper to finish.
When separating toppers from the card collection, they can have little pips of card on the side. These can be filed down using a sanding block or an emery board to give a neater look