Tonic Studios Premium Magazine bonus projects
The brand-new Tonic Studios Premium Magazine is out now! There were so many wonderful designs that we couldn’t fit them all into the magazine! So here are some bonus makes, one from Bibi Cameron showing off the stamp set and the other is from Sarah Phelan, showing what can be done with the included stencil!
kit dies & stamp set
Oh Christmas Tent Bag die set
white & grey cardstock
Powdered Peach, Marble Statue & Black Shadow Nuvo hybrid inkpads
Champagne Shine Nuvo sequins
Tim Holtz Stamping Platform manual die-cutting machine
Step by step
- Start by die-cutting the gift bag from the Oh Christmas Tent Bag die set.
- Next, do tone-on-tone stamping and assemble the bag.
- Cut the tags and stamp the floral image along the edge of the tag.
- Stamp a banner using Nuvo Black Shadow ink.
- Embellish using small floral die-cuts and sequins.
Hello summer flowers
kit dies, stamp set, stencil & paper pack
white 6”-square card blank
Coral Pink & Bright White Craft Perfect Weave Textured cardstock
Laguna Bay Nuvo Hybrid inkpad
Poppy Pink Nuvo Embellishment Mousse
Yellow Brick Road Nuvo Vintage Drops
manual die-cutting machine
3D foam pads
Step by step
- Cut a 5¾” square of the pink cardstock and a 55/8” square of patterned paper from the paper pack, and layer these onto your card front.
- Die-cut a floral corner from pink cardstock using the floral corner die from the kit.
- Use the palette knife to spread Poppy Pink Embellishment Mousse through the large stencil flower onto pink cardstock and create three flowers.
- Once the flowers are dry, fussy-cut them, leaving a narrow pink border. On one of the flowers cut out the entire flower, on the second cut off the back petals, and on the third only cut out the centre of the flower. Layer them up using 3D foam pads and finish with a Nuvo Vintage Drop in the centre.
- Cut a 4” square from pink cardstock, and a 3¾” square from white cardstock.
- Stamp “Hello Summer” in the bottom-right corner of the white cardstock using the Laguna Bay ink, then layer this onto the pink square, and add the die-cut corner on top-left.
- Adhere the topper to the card front using 3D Foam Pads and finish by adding your 3D flower, matching it up with the die-cut flower on the corner panel.
Top tip: Don’t just use your stencils for backgrounds, they can be used for focal features too!