PE195 – Bonus make!
By Mel Jess
- Pretty Patchwork kit from Papercraft Essentials 195
- stamping card
- Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry & Wilted Violet Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink
- Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad
- VersaMark ink pad
- white embossing powder
- Spectrum Noir Classiques
- Glossy Accents
- black fine liner
- Collall Tacky Glue
- 3D foam pads
- double-sided tape
- hot glue
- heat tool
- computer & colour printer
- hot glue gun
Step by step
- With the smaller stamps create a random background using white embossing powder and VersaMark ink, and heat-set.
- Choose three complimentary inks and blend together to create a background. Buff away the excess ink off the embossing.
- Create the easel card using the template.
- Make two layers using the background paper with the template.
- Create a patchwork effect using the smaller hexagons and adhere to the patterned layer, and add a stitched detail.
- Wrap matching ribbon around the layers and affix to the card base.
- Add a sentiment topper on the base of the card to make the card stopper.
- Stamp, colour and fussy cut images from the set.
- Add a large bow to the top of the easel card and add the stamped images to finish.
This patchwork look is a great way of using up lots of small pattern scraps of paper and cardstock