PE198 – Bonus Make – Nicky Gilburt’s Happy Wishes Card
Alcohol ink dabbing technique
- Fairy Wishes Foiled Collection
- white 14.5cm-square card blank
- white glossy cardstock
- pink mirror cardstock
- pink glitter cardstock
- pink fantasy film
- Coral, Aqua & Aquamarine Ranger Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink
- Gold Bullion Jane Davenport Squid Ink
- clear embossing inkpad
- black glitter embossing powder
- ink-blending tool & felt applicator
- heat tool
- gold & blue star confetti
- star punches
- 3D foam pads
- Your Next Die Simply Happy Birthday Word dies
- manual die-cutting machine
Step by step:
1 Pop out a fairy and follow the step-by-step guide in the magazine to heat-emboss using black glitter embossing powder. Cut a small piece of fantasy film and adhere behind the wings, trimming any excess.
2 Cut a 12.5cm square of glossy cardstock and prepare felt pads with three colours of alcohol ink. Dab them randomly around the centre of the cardstock, leaving space for a sentiment at the bottom.
3 Once you are satisfied with the pattern, dab a small amount of gold ink over the top to add extra fantasy shine.
4 Add the fairy using 3D foam pads, adhere a die-cut sentiment at the bottom. Arrange confetti and punched stars around the fairy.
5 Layer onto pink mirror card and trim a narrow border, then affix to the card blank.
Nicky’s top tip:
Punches are a great and cheap addition to your craft stash as you can create embellishments to match your design in seconds